The Society Foundation is an independent registered charity, funded and supported by the executive search firm Society. The majority of the Foundation’s money comes in the form of an annual donation from Society, equal to at least 10% of the firm’s net profits. Employees of the firm also undertake activities to support the Foundation's work, and to raise additional funds.
The Foundation offers grants to programmes or organisations that are seeking to help people from the following groups move towards paid employment:
- the recently homeless or vulnerably housed;
- 16-24 year olds not in employment, education or training.
We typically offer micro-grants of up to £2,000 to small or growing organisations with a turnover of up to £500,000. We’re particularly interested in providing funding for capacity building activities, including IT infrastructure and equipment, staff training and development, and external consultancy/support. This sort of funding isn’t particularly ‘sexy’, but we believe that it can play a transformative role by increasing the sustainability and effectiveness of organisations that are doing really vital work.
Our funding is in line with a few clear principles:
- we aim to work in partnership with the organisations we support, setting mutually agreed goals with clear timescales;
- we aim to keep the grant application process ‘light touch’ and accessible;
- we try to foster a relationship of trust and honesty with the organisations we fund;
- we never commit to a project unless we’re sure we have the funds to see it through.
You can view further information about the Foundation on the website of the Charity Commission for England and Wales.