Apply for Funding
The Society Foundation offers grants to programmes or organisations that are seeking to help people from one or more of the following groups move towards paid employment:
- the recently homeless or vulnerably housed;
- 16-24 year olds not in employment, education or training.
If you think that your organisation's work might fit with our aims, then we would love to hear from you.
We typically offer micro-grants of up to £2,500 GBP (or $5,000 USD in the case of America) to small or growing organisations with a turnover of up to £500,000. We provide funding for capacity building activities, including IT infrastructure and equipment, staff training and development, and external consultancy/support. Click here for details of recently funded projects.
We will not fund any of the following:
- general overheads or non-specific staff costs;
- political, lobbying, campaigns or policy work;
- the promotion of religion, or projects that only provide benefit to a specific religious group;
- animal welfare;
- umbrella or grant making organisations;
- projects based outside the UK, the USA, or New Zealand;
- projects that have already taken place;
- generic circular appeals.
We are happy to accept applications from previous grant holders, once the funds previously awarded have been spent.
The Foundation is committed to ensuring that anyone can access our grant application processes. This includes people with hearing, sight, mobility, and cognitive impairments. Should you require access to the contents of this site, or to the application form itself, in an alternative format, or need any other reasonable adjustments made, please contact us at email@example.com. We also welcome suggestions or comments about any more general access improvements we should consider.